March 6, 2021 – Tentative Schedule of Events
11:00 AM: Pet Parade through Downtown Knoxville
- Our pet parade steps off from Willow Avenue in downtown Knoxville, winds through the old city and ends at the judging booth in Krutch Park and Market Square.
- Line up to compete in one of seven pet costume contests: Best Costume, Best Vol Spirit, Best Dawg Pack, Best Look-Alike, Best Dog Couple, Most Unique Mixed Breed (Mutt), Best Naked Dog
- Learn more about our costume contests and how you can participate here.
11:00 AM to 3:00 PM: Festivities on Market Square
- Award ceremony for pet costume contests winners
- Visit with vendors and learn more about pet friendly places in Knoxville
- Grab a bite from local food trucks
- Schedule low-cost spay/neuter appointment through the Young-Williams Spay Shuttle
- Get your pet microchipped ($10) and rabies vaccination ($10)
Sit, Stay and Sleep In
Can’t make it to the parade? Don’t want to give up your Saturday? Don’t have a pet to walk? Take advantage of our Sit, Stay and Sleep In option. YOU can still have an impact on homeless pets by making a donation to Young-Williams Animal Center.
Registration for 2021 is not yet open. Registration will be for each pet walking in the parade. Humans walkers with more than one pet will need to register each pet. The human walks for free! Registration includes a walker number and swag bag (while supplies last).
Pre-Registration – $15 per dog
You are encouraged to pre-register online to save time when you arrive at Mardi Growl. Pre-registration typically closes one week before the event. Swag bag pick up is held at Young-Williams Animal Center (3201 Division Street) the week of the event.
Day of Registration – $20 per dog
Day of registration begins at 9:00 am at the parade starting point on Willow Avenue. Swag bags will be available while supplies last. Registration closes promptly at 10:30 am.